If you'd like to work at Bookie's, please read!
At this moment, we are hiring in Homewood! We have a single position available. Please complete the application at the bottom of the page!
- At this moment, we are not actively hiring additional staff. When we are hiring, this bullet point will be in strikeout font, and the previous line won't be. You may still complete an application, and we will keep it on file.
- When you complete your application, please ensure that all questions are answered. Attention to detail is important.
- We hire people who have availability. I'm afraid a high school schedule precludes you from consideration. I know we'll be hiring next summer, but after school and on some weekends just won't be enough. Taking college classes a couple days a week is just fine! But we need flexibility.
- We hire people who know books and love books and book culture, who read the classics and also the newest releases.
- We hire people with outgoing personalities who can recommend books to our customers.
- We hire people who are comfortable speaking to people in person and on the phone.
- We hire people who are well read and continue to be so.
- We hire people who can think on the fly and figure out solutions when things go wrong.
- We hire people who can find something proactive to do even when no one gives specific directions.
- We hire people who can learn our computer systems and pay really close attention to details.
- We hire people who are trustworthy and honest.
- We hire people who are accepting of others' beliefs, opinions, ages, etc. Discrimination is unacceptable.
- We hire reliable people who want to come to work.
- We hire people who can clean and don't mind getting a little dirty every once in a while.
- We hire people without excessive drama who can get along with our customers and other employees.
- We hire a lot, don't we? We know, but we try so hard to be a great bookstore, and the above needs (and more) are the bare minimum. We love our customers, and we want to make sure they love us too!
If you don't know and love books and reading, please don't apply. We'll know. If you sincerely feel you meet the standards listed above, the application is attached below. Fill it out and return it at your convenience. Or you may send it to email@example.com